For these sites’ Terms and Conditions please click this link.
Last Update took place: 02/26/2021 Addition of information about Paypal.
Blocking Html cookies with your browser
Our website is provided by Weebly.com and it sets html Cookies when you visit, if you click the “I accept” button on the banner it will retain the cookies. You may choose to use this website or any other website without html Cookies by selecting to block your browser’s acceptance of Cookies via your browser’s preference settings if you wish. Seek instructions on how to do this via your chosen browser’s ‘Help’ facility as the method to block Cookie files varies by browser type. If you need more help, please see aboutcookies.org for help with changing settings on different browsers.
If you wish to continue using the LMNA Blog as normal with these Cookies enabled, simply click the blue ‘I accept’ button continue to use this website as normal.
Please note that blocking Cookies may affect your user experience of the site.
A) what data LMNA may collect from you online.
LMNA collect and store the information that you provide us to contact you and to book your attendance and accommodation at our Rendezvous events. We also have social media accounts that allow public interaction on an 'opt-in' basis:
- a State Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/lamasternaturalist and
- a State Twitter account https://twitter.com/LmnaTweets and
- a State YouTube account LMNA CHANNEL https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIOJHH3c0obfl5Goks2vgYQ
B) how LMNA uses the data. We may publish comments that are intended for good purpose if they're appropriate and topical on our Facebook Group Page. We reserve the right not to publish comments, but we will endeavor to reply to all important mail.
C) your rights in respect of your data. You have the following rights to privacy regarding your data now. By law we must adhere to the GDPR rules (https://ec.europa.eu/commission/priorities/justice-and-fundamental-rights/data-protection/2018-reform-eu-data-protection-rules/eu-data-protection-rules_en)
GDPR rules guarantee you the following rights by law to:
- “ information about the processing of your personal data;
- obtain access to the personal data held about you;
- ask for incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete personal data to be corrected;
- request that personal data be erased when it’s no longer needed or if processing it is unlawful;
- object to the processing of your personal data for marketing purposes or on grounds relating to your particular situation;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in specific cases;
- receive your personal data in a machine-readable format and send it to another controller (‘data portability’);
- request that decisions based on automated processing concerning you or significantly affecting you and based on your personal data are made by natural persons, not only by computers. You also have the right in this case to express your point of view and to contest the decision.”
(Source page: https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rights-citizens/my-rights/what-are-my-rights_en)
1.YOUR RIGHT TO VIEW ANY PERSONAL DATA THAT LMNA HOLDS ABOUT YOU
This is the Opt-in information age. All personal details on file about you are those submitted for the purposes that you intended when you gave it to the LMNA. The Data Protection laws give you the right to access information held about you, if any is held. Any access request may be subject to a fee of up to $20 to meet costs in providing you with details of the information (if any) that is held about you and any information request must be accompanied by acceptable proof of your identity. We don’t just give your data to anyone who asks for it. It may very well cost nothing to provide that information to you, it depends upon the complexity involved. We’ll likely verify important or complex instructions with you by voice and possibly formal letter.
Please note that any personal digital and paper information you provided us is secured carefully. We recognize that it’s our duty of care to treat any private data that we may hold about you responsibly.
2.YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE SOME OR All DATA WE MAY HOLD ABOUT YOU DELETED OR ALTERED
In the event that you’d like some or all your data changed or deleted, please make your request to LMNA in writing and if LMNA has any of your data and you provide acceptable proof of your identity then we'll serve your request faithfully.
3.YOUR RIGHT TO MOVE YOUR DATA OFF OUR SERVER
If there's data on this website or our blog about you that you want moved off it, then please contact us and we’ll help get it moved online, or removed online or offline as you wish and the case merits.
4. INFORMATION IN EVENT OF DATA SECURITY BREACH
Data breaches can happen to even large organizations such as banks and govt. offices. If LMNA Officers become aware of theft or loss of any of your personal data from hacking or equipment failure or any other possibility then we shall endeavor to alert you as soon as possible. Please alert us if you become aware of such a risk, such as a lost notebook or lap-top that would necessarily have security implications for us. You are entitled to be alerted within 72 hrs by GDPR rules, but we’d try to notify you quicker if possible and arrange the resetting of passwords and any other remedial action that might help. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you notice anything suspicious about the operation of LMNA sites that we have had made or manage. Thank you.
5. YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT TO THE KIND OF DATA THAT WE HOLD ABOUT YOU.
You can object if we hold some data about you that we don't have a justifiable legal case to obtain or retain.
LMNA only retains the information necessary to fulfil its legally justifiable roll as an environmental education and conservation NPO and to describe its activity. That is the legal basis for any information collection.
We hope that you can use LMNA website safely and with confidence.
Thank you very much for your attention.